This course will take place on Monday, January 8, 2024, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm EST. This course will be completed in our online classroom. You will receive the link to access the course before the start of class.
This training was developed as a result of research and interviews with licensed program directors indicating that licensed providers recently employed in licensed settings must be prepared to maintain disease-controlled environments and participate in illness detection.
After completing this class, you will:
- Name opportunities to protect oneself from infectious disease/illness
- Recognize when to exclude a sick child and notify parents of a child’s illness
- Identify common childhood diseases that can be seen in a licensed program
- Describe universal precautions
- Demonstrate proper hand-washing techniques
- Recognize good hygiene practices utilized in a licensed program