This course will take place on Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am EDT. This course will be completed in our online classroom. You will receive the link to access the course prior to the start of class.
This training was developed as a result of research and interviews with directors of licensed programs indicating that licensed providers recently employed in licensed settings must be prepared to maintain disease controlled environments and be able to participate in illness detection.
After completing this class, you will:
- Name opportunities to protect oneself from infectious disease/illness
- Recognize when to exclude a sick child and notify parents of a child’s illness
- Identify common childhood diseases that can be seen in a licensed program
- Describe universal precautions
- Demonstrate proper hand washing techniques
- Recognize good hygiene practices utilized in a licensed program